Call for Presenters
Northern Illinois Science Educators is pleased to invite you to present at our third annual conference, NISE 2016: Implementing and Assessing NGSS, on Monday, November 14, 2016 at the NIU Conference Center in Naperville, IL. All K-16 science educators are invited to submit a proposal to present. Our goal is to bring science educators together to collaborate and share ideas and methods for best practices in science education.
- Please plan your presentation to be around 40 minutes in length and plan for additional 5-10 minutes for questions. The last ten minutes is for take down and set up for the next presenter. Presentations will start each hour.
- All presentation rooms will have a projector and a computer with Internet and MS Office.
- Attendees will have Internet access but have a backup plan.
- Cost for presenters and attendees will be $165.00. Each presenter (or group) will receive a token of appreciation for presenting.
- Not limited to just a presentation. Other ideas include panel discussions, group presentations, demonstrations, etc.
- Pre-service science educators are also encouraged to submit presentations and can register for the conference at a special, half price rate when verified.
- Science safety is an essential part of science education. Your presentation must meet all legal and professional safety standards for this environment. This is not a laboratory environment and we don't have the corresponding safety equipment. Additionally, participants will be bringing food and beverages into the rooms. For these reasons, no chemicals, heat sources, fire, hazardous materials, liquids, pressure vessels, animals, etc. If you are unsure or have any questions about using any item, please email us (see below).
- Lunch will be provided at the conference. If you have special dietary requirements, make sure you note these restrictions when registering for the conference.
- NOTE: It is anticipated that each Illinois educator, including presenters will receive 5-6 CPDU credits. Due to ISBE requirements to receive the CPDUs, you must provide us your Illinois Educator Identification Number (IEIN) when you register for the conference..
Example Topics (NOT LIMTED TO THIS):
- Assessment in the Science Classroom
- Implementing NGSS SEPs & CCCs
- NGSS Basics & Essentials
- NGSS Resources
- Scientific Literacy
- Technology in the Science Classroom (1-to-1, Chromebooks, iPads, Data Collection, etc)
- Transitioning to NGSS
- STEM, STEAM, & Engineering
- Science Safety
- Conservation and Sustainability
- Student Projects, Competitions, and Field Trips
- Science Administration
- ... and any other science teacher or administrative topics.
To print a flyer to share with collegues: http://tinyurl.com/nise-2016-cfpa
Please click on the link below and complete the Google form to submit a proposal for a presentation:
(Submissions deadline: September 24, 2016 - EXTENDED)
If you have questions or comments, email us at: email@example.com